Facebook has tools to make it easy for you to fundraise on their platform! Using Facebook Fundraisers is a great opportunity for you to fundraise towards your MS Walk goal.
While Facebook Fundraisers do not directly link to your MS Walk registration, by taking the steps below we can make sure your fundraising is tracked and gets credited towards your MS Walk fundraising total.
How to set up your Facebook Fundraiser:
- Select FUNDRAISER on your Facebook navigation menu. This will be found on the top right side of your browser for desktop devices and in the drop-down menu on Facebook mobile applications under COMMUNITY RESOURCES.
- MOBILE DEVICE ONLY: From the Fundraisers screen, select the RAISE MONEY button, you will be prompted to set-up your fundraiser. If using a desktop, jump to step 3.
- Select CHARITY and search for the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. Be sure to double check you’ve selected the CANADIAN organization and not the NMSS)
- Next enter a dollar amount and end date for your fundraiser. On a desktop device fill in the details section on the left side of your browser.
- Update the title of your fundraiser to include your first and last name as it appears on your MS Walk personal page and your MS Walk location
- Example: Jane Doe – MS Walk Edmonton OR Jane Doe – Birthday fundraiser for MS Walk Saskatoon
- Once you have completed this entry you can start your fundraiser on the next screen!
- Make sure to send the URL from your Facebook Fundraiser to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any funds raised through Facebook Fundraising will take up to 60 days to be credited to your MS Walk Fundraising page
- Funds raised through Facebook Fundraisers cannot be used for time-sensitive fundraising incentives
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the MS Walk team at 1-800-268-7582 or email@example.com.